ClickUp is a San Diego based company looking for a passionate Lead Product Designer to join our mission and redefine how people work on the go. We’re passionate about saving people time in every aspect of their lives - so they can focus on what they love most.
Our app is the first of its kind that works for everyone from families to Fortune 500 companies. You should love the challenge of designing complex and powerful user interfaces that also are simple and incredibly easy to use.
We like giving the freedom for designers to work hard and fast while being mindful of keeping our app easy and fun to use. We're scaling quickly, so we're recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sh*t done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture.
ClickUp is the fastest growing productivity app, growing to 200,000+ teams and a $1 billion (unicorn) valuation in under 3 years. This has been made possible by our passionate, and high-energy team supporting growth in every area.
- Lead a group of highly talented, senior designers on creating components & usage guidelines to bolster our style guide and design system and ensure a cohesive, best-in-class experience.
- Implement a design system for standardizing design and UI elements across the platform.
- Lead the initiative to simplify ClickUp's UI and improve general UX, especially for people less familiar with project management software.
- Take broad, complex workflow problems and turn them into simple, elegant design solutions for best in class mobile and desktop experiences.
- Work with Design, PM, User Research, and Engineering peers to define the strategy, prioritize the design system roadmap, and ensure that all projects are well defined and high impact.
- Advocate for hiring and staffing needs, helping to grow your team, source and interview candidates, and onboard new employees.
- Ensure team members are creating high-quality work that aligns with design guidelines, delights our customers, helps our teams build more efficiently, and meets company objectives.
- Foster and grow a culture of high quality and team processes that ensure long-term health and team cohesion.
- Collaborate closely with our product team to build new features and experiences.
- Hold your team accountable to metrics of success that you define in conjunction with the broader team.
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping software products that customers love.
- 1+ years in a people management role.
- Proven experience shipping systems from concept to launch.
- Track record of building and maintaining design systems for SaaS products.
- Ability to switch between high-level strategic conversation to nitty-gritty details.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes with tools like Figma (preferred), Sketch, inVision, Adobe XD, etc.
- Both a manager AND a hands-on designer.
- A portfolio on a personal website, Dribbble, or Behance showcasing your skills.
- A strong self-starter, operationally-focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.