Lead Product Designer
What you will have accomplished after 1 year with us
👨💻👩💻👨💻👩💻 Architect mobile applications and digital experiences for clients in Automobile, Health/Wellness/Medical, and Technology industries
🤝🤝🤝🤝 Hire, manage, and mentor a growing team of designers
✔️✍️✔️✍️ Create guidelines and implement best practices for product design asset creation while taking responsibility for product performance and meeting company and client product design quality expectations
Who You Are
Our Product Designers are creative problem solvers, and are passionate about crafting experiences for our users that are more than usable – they are delightful. The Product Design team is pivotal in solving pain points for our users and in helping partners generate return on investment. We are a highly collaborative team with a passion for our craft. We’re always looking to grow the team with talent and skills we don’t have, so if you have a unique skill-set, share it with us – we want to be inspired by you!
You will be leading a team of Product Designers and reporting up to the VP of Product Development. As the Lead Product Designer you will be heading up and driving the Product Design Team’s performance on all discovery, research, assessments, and designs. Your team of Product Designers will be looking up to you to cultivate user-centered innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
You are focused, results-oriented, and a resourceful problem solver. You thrive when working at a rapid pace in a creative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Function as a hands-on designer and mentor to the team
- Drive the overall user experience design of projects while providing the necessary Product Design vision and guidance with thorough documentation & frequent feedback to Product Designers
- Utilize outside of the box thinking, humor, and positive energy to support and improve team morale and project momentum
- Participate in strategic meetings to influence design direction on projects
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of Product Designers to support staffing/resourcing efforts
What you need to succeed
- Experience managing experience designers, interaction designers, UI designers, or similar UX-related roles
- Demonstrated experience building consumer-facing mobile apps and websites
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related degree
- Pragmatic design philosophy
- Ability to use human-centered product discovery methods to infer product design
- Experience building products in an Agile software development environment
- Strong leadership skills to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
Who We Are
Cie Digital Labs (CDL) is an accelerator of innovation for large enterprises and a growth accelerator for emerging startups. CDL creates leading digital solutions, serves as an innovation lab for a variety of prominent global brands, and acts as a platform to develop and turn ground-breaking ideas into new technology ventures.
CDL blends Silicon Valley know-how, startup dynamism and speed with the business maturity of serial entrepreneurs, seasoned venture capitalists, and Fortune 500 executives. This proven combination drives cutting edge solutions for top enterprises’ strategic and operational business challenges. CDL’s leadership team has served key roles at various successful startups including Amazon, Yahoo!, Overture, Nativo and Internet Brands.
What We Offer
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description