DISQO delivers insights for the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers. We help our customers understand consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions & behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking into expanding, improving and creating world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Our Consumers: SurveyJunkie is DISQO’s first-party, transparent and privacy focused consumer panel which uniquely positions the company to excel in a data-privacy focused world. Our Head of Product, Consumer Apps will play a critical role in ensuring that we deliver on our promise to our members who are sharing their data with us on a daily basis while rapidly scaling the user base.
The Role: DISQO is looking for a Head of Product, Consumer Apps, to join us as a strategic partner to our leadership team. The Head of Product, Consumer Apps will report to the CTO of the Company (located in Los Angeles). This person will be responsible for and will have broad hands-on responsibility over product vision, strategy, execution, team development and for DISQO’s consumer products as we disrupt the insights world and make history together. The person’s overall stewardship and vision will meaningfully contribute to DISQO’s products and product culture.
The ideal Candidate: We are looking for a product leader that will deeply understand and align with the panelist experience and needs. In this way, the Head of Product will partner with key internal stakeholders to develop new features and functionality driving engagement and long term product usage. Moreover, our product leader will be the champion for our panelists and our business assuming the voice of the customer to continuously deliver a differentiated experience.
As an exceptional product leader, you are growth oriented and have a proven track record of building highly engaging consumer facing products such as online games or two-sided marketplaces. You will need to be a strategic thinker, frame & find solutions to the complex product challenges, measure & drive results, and be able to move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives while keeping track of trade-offs made along the way.
What you will do:
- Act as the primary stakeholder and the evangelist for our consumer products and rally our teams to reach new heights
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on product strategy and priorities that deliver measurable results
- Define and own the strategic vision and roadmap for our consumer-facing web and mobile applications and communicate it effectively and passionately across the company
- Ideate highly engaging products and product features and user experiences that drive user growth
- Create go-to-market strategies for new products
- Take our hypothesis driven/data-informed product culture to the next level and ensure that we’re representing our users’ voice in all product decisions
- Further grow our product management & design teams and build a world-class product organization that product managers relish being a part of. Scale our product teams by coaching and mentoring our current team members and inspiring them with a compelling vision & strategy and by recruiting additional top talent
- Define and own Product OKRs & roadmap and conduct quarterly product reviews
- Drive product planning, product definition, tactical execution, user engagement and feedback cycles
- Partner with internal stakeholders and engineering, data science & growth marketing teams to further scale our user base
- Act as a role model and an advocate for our Agile and Servant Leadership cultural values
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience leading product or engineering teams for highly engaging consumer facing products such as online games, two-sided marketplaces and the like (web & mobile) with a heavy focus on scaling the user base. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated repeat business growth and/or exit successes in high profile startups
- A real passion for the art of Product Management (demonstrated by talks, presentations or published articles)
- Agile & Servant Leader DNA
- Deep technical and analytical skills - SQL is your 2nd language
- Strong Systems Thinking and the ability to deconstruct complex problems into coherent smaller parts
- Growth mindset and demonstrated expertise in building or partnering with Growth teams and applying Pirate Metrics
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated experience recruiting and managing high performance product management and product design teams
- Ability to communicate with and influence engineering teams effectively
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities - You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll-up your sleeves as needed
- A professional prioritizer - you can prioritize among competing opportunities, balance user voice with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Experience working with Data Science teams to apply machine learning technologies to large-scale problem and deploying machine learning models to production
- A strong sense for UI/UX
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent or professional experience working as a software engineer, QA engineer, data analyst, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunches 3x a week
- Stocked pantry
- Happy Hours
- Onsite Fitness Program
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Offsites
- Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.