Greater LA Area
Build the Next Disruptive Startup in B2B Logistics
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale a logistics marketplace startup that could transform the experience around outsourced fulfillment. The vision is a technology platform that connects merchants seeking warehousing and fulfillment with 3PLs and warehouse operators whose capabilities match their needs. For merchants, we enable easy access to a turnkey nationwide fulfillment network of independent warehouses via a single portal that embeds inventory and order management. For 3PLs, we enable one-stop demand acquisition and no-integration customer onboarding via an intuitive, end-to-end, cloud-based warehouse management system. Standardized and simplified terms, operating procedures, and pricing replace long negotiations, complex set up processes, and lengthy contract commitments, enabling both merchants and 3PLs to quickly set up and flexibly scale on the platform. Ultimately, we help merchants deliver goods to their customers faster, and help 3PLs grow their customer base and monetize excess capacity.
Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized logistics companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $275B US warehousing industry, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Product who is passionate about designing and building customer experiences to join the executive leadership team and drive the product vision, definition and prioritization.
Lead Product and Services Strategy
● Create end-to-end product management and service strategies that result in differentiated marketplace offerings that allow customers and our organization to create and sustain value.
● Gain and share insights with engineering and others through an understanding of user personas, pain points, customer journeys and market trends.
Execute with Excellence
● Effectively prioritize and define product features to focus on the highest returning initiatives.
● Provide clear direction when collaborating with Engineering, Design and others, to ensure a clear vision gets executed.
● Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment to scope, design, test and deliver innovative solutions.
● Applies data driven mindset to manage KPIs/OKRs and make decisions.
● Work closely with sales and marketing on product demonstrations and other promotional materials/activities.
● Strikes balance between solving for customer acquisition and long-term retention.
● Manage the product release cycle.
● Create testing roadmap and run AB tests.
Build Great Talent & Teams
● Attract and retain world-class product management and service teams.
● Cultivate a high-performing, unified team culture.
Mobilize Stakeholders, Inspire by Meaning & Purpose
· Collaborate with the executive team to ensure corporate objectives are met.
· Evangelize product vision and strategy in the marketplace, and communicate to employees and shareholders.
Desired Expertise and Experience
● 5+ years of product management experience
● Start-up leadership experience (3+ years building & managing product, design, engineering, and vendor teams)
● Experience in launching products from inception to launch
● Agile and Lean expert
● Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
● A demonstrated and focused desire to build, train and support products and services that customers will love
● Proven track record of defining, evolving, and delivering digital marketplace products from the ground up that result in differentiated offerings
● Optional: Software engineering background preferred
● Optional: e-commerce and logistics experience
Read Full Job Description