Group Product Manager
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As the Group Product Manager for our Core Product team, you’ll own the strategy and roadmap for our core flows that guide our customers towards renting, and in the near future, owning the perfect garment for their special event. You will team up with your engineering manager and design manager in leading a team of engineers to execute against a roadmap that strives to deliver measurable business impact, ultimately redefining the standards for how users buy and rent clothing. We’re looking for an experienced product leader who can excel at operating at the 10,000 foot strategic level, but dive into the data and details to ensure that the team executes to plan and delivers on the highest impact initiatives. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the business, engineering, and design leads for the Core Product pod to determine the strategy and quarterly OKRs.
- Work with your engineers, designers, and internal stakeholders to lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, and actionable roadmaps that effectively distill strategy into efficiently shipped product results.
- Test and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process.
- Ruthlessly prioritize what to do (and importantly: what not to do).
- Be creative - identify new ideas and data sources to solve difficult problems.
- Write product specifications to craft new website functionality and features.
- Communicate with internal partners on priorities, status, and results of launched initiatives.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical or other analytical field is a plus)
- 5+ years experience as a product manager designing/developing internet or related technologiesYou have a consistent track record of driving impactful results through your roadmaps.
- You are highly analytical, with a deep sense of getting to the root cause of issues vs implementing anything/everything your stakeholders throw at you.
- You are highly customer obsessed, deep into data and research, and excel at leading a team of engineers, designers, and growth marketers on executing against a roadmap.
- Extraordinary communication, organizational, and analytical abilities
- High EQ and ability to work with different people across the organization
- Basic SQL skills
- Experience with BI tools, especially Tableau, a plus
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog Friendly Office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Parking Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Open vacation time
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Quarterly team outings
- Company Happy Hours
- Free suit rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description