DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
DISQO’s first-party, transparent and privacy focused panel, SurveyJunkie, uniquely positions the company to excel in a data-privacy focused world and empowers us with an unrivaled data set to tackle the upcoming challenges faced by every brand in the world. SurveyJunkie is DISQO’s primary method of engaging with consumers and this position has a high degree of influence on the performance of SurveyJunkie’s marketplace.
As Director of Product, Marketplace you will work with company leadership to lay out a long term product and technical strategy and drive the execution of that strategy, and successfully hire and develop PM talent. DISQO is a rapidly growing, fast-moving company, and the right candidate will be able to balance near term operational needs with long term foundational investments. You’d be responsible for keeping demand and supply in balance across our platform while optimizing our survey matching algorithms and identifying and preventing potential user behavior and identity fraud vectors. The team's machine learning engineers, data scientists, and PMs build systems that perform critical marketplace dynamics, survey matching algorithm optimization, user behavior anomaly detection and identity fraud prevention.
As an exceptional product leader, you are growth oriented and have strong quantitative and marketplace skills - ideally demonstrated through prior successful ownership of a marketplace or heavily ML-driven product. You will need to be a strategic thinker, frame and find solutions to complex product challenges, measure & drive results, and be able to move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives while keeping track of trade offs made along the way.
What you will do:
- Lead all aspects of SurveyJunkie’s marketplace’s health as it relates to Personalization, Supply & Demand, Matching, and Fraud & Identity
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on product strategy and priorities that deliver measurable results
- Define and own the strategic vision and roadmap for our Marketplace products and communicate it effectively and passionately across the company
- Partner with our engineering and data science teams to ship impactful product features
- Foster deeper relationships with inventory partners and ideate solutions to enable rapid growth
- Build better tools to regularly monitor inventory performance and identify areas for improvement
- Work with data analysts and scientists to create and optimize matching and sorting algorithms
- Create dynamic and scalable solutions that easily adapt to our ever-changing inventory, users, and business
- Maintain a user-centric focus to increase value and improve experiences for our users
- Strive to increase and maintain DISQO’s panel reputation as the highest quality in the industry
- Isolate “bad actors” and maintain a positive experience for “good” users
- Create a dynamic solution to detect and prevent fraud as fraudulent behaviors and trends change over time
- Take our hypothesis driven/data-informed product culture to the next level and ensure that we’re representing our users’ voice in all product decisions
- Define and own product OKRs & roadmap and conduct quarterly product reviews
- Drive product planning, product definition, tactical execution, user engagement and feedback cycles
- Act as a role model and an advocate for our Agile and Servant Leadership culture values
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ of relevant product management at late/growth stage startup or established technology company
- 2+ years of experience with marketplaces or products with two-sided marketplace dynamics
- 2+ years of experience across Fraud and Risk across identity, payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience, hiring and managing an exceptional team of Product Managers
- Expertise building ML based products using modern cloud based big data and analytics tooling & methods (Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Data Lakes, Data Pipelines, ETL/ELT, Microservices, …)
- A real passion for the art of Product Management (demonstrated by talks, presentations or published articles)
- Agile & Servant Leader DNADeep technical and analytical skills - SQL is your 2nd language
- Strong Systems Thinking and the ability to deconstruct complex problems into coherent smaller parts
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated experience recruiting and managing high performance product management and product design teams
- Ability to communicate with and influence engineering teams effectively
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities - You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll-up your sleeves as needed
- A professional prioritizer - you can prioritize among competing opportunities, balance user voice with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Experience working with Data Science teams and deploying machine learning models to production
- You are excited about using an API-first design model using Swagger/OpenAPI and have have built beautiful RESTful APIs
- Experience building platforms that support multiple products is a big plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent or professional experience working as a software engineer, QA engineer, data scientist, data analyst, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.