VP of Operations at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a pedigreed, driven, and process-oriented VP of Operations to oversee Clutter’s fast-growing national operations team, which has experienced 3x growth in headcount within the last four months. This person will directly manage five Regional Directors and indirectly manage dozens of Managers/Supervisors and hundreds of hourly Associates across the country. The VP of Operations will also be a member of Clutter’s Executive Team and report directly to the CEO.
As the VP of Operations - you will:
- Work closely with the Executive Team/CEO to create and implement operations processes and policies on a national scale
- Manage a growing supply chain of 700+ operations employees, 10+ warehouses and a fleet of 200+ vehicles
- Enforce and strengthen Clutter’s performance management culture; we have very high standards for performance and accountability at all levels across the organization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering and Customer Experience teams to optimize quality of service to our customers
- Drive continuous improvement across the entire supply chain with data-driven decision-making in partnership with the Finance team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university (MBA strongly preferred)
- 15+ years of overall operations experience, ideally including experience at a large multinational organization
- Previous experience as a VP, Director, or Senior Operations Manager required
- Background in management consulting, finance and/or engineering preferred
- Experience building, coaching and training large teams in a dynamic environment
- Obsession with process and quality control
- Ability to identify top-tier talent that consistently raises the bar of excellence
- Ability to leverage complex data to identify trends and drive strategic decisions
- Passion for continuous process refinement and improvement (Kaizen)