Vice President of Risk & Insurance at Fair.com
Fair's Risk Management team makes sure we match the right vehicle to the right customer through some of the most innovative fraud, credit loss, and residual value modeling in existence. If you enjoy serious analysis, don't scare easily, and can see the future, we would love to have you on our team!
We are seeking a bright, hands-on insurance leader. Expertise in casualty insurance programs with heavy emphasis on auto, designing claims processes and technology, creating risk transfer structures including contracts, and familiarity with digital platforms is ideal. Use your:
- Technical auto insurance acumen to create construct insurance structures that protect Fair’s balance sheet at a price that attracts more users (think: risk manager, attorney, third-party claims administrator).
- Deep understanding of the power of data and claims to distinguish Fair from competitors and achieve optimal results (think: underwriter, banker, broker or attorney).
- Negotiation and project management skills to become a trusted advisor internally and externally to ensure key deliverables are being executed seamlessly (think: risk manager, consultant).
- Use data to quantify complex exposures
- Improve the claims process with technology
- Secure the best terms and pricing
- Passion for the car-sharing market trends to gain trust from internal and external leaders
- Support Fair growth goals, converting what is traditionally viewed as a cost-center into an enabler for growth
- Collaborate with colleagues across (list departments here)
- Work with insurance broker to create new insurance solutions by leveraging actuarial data and customizing policy language
- Motivate and mentor team members
- 8-10+ years of insurance brokerage, or legal, or consulting or risk management background, preference for experience with complex US and EU auto programs; commercial or personal line experience
- Desire to become an expert in emerging technology, risk, new business models, personal and commercial insurance
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to think quickly on your feet
- Credible executive presence
- Intellectually curious – desire to become an expert on risk in the car-sharing category
- Strong understanding of insurance fundamentals – risk, exposure, coverage
- Collaborative - builds followership with influence and results
- Comfortable in the gray, operating without a users’ manual
- Ability to drive projects to successful completion with minimal supervision
- Exceptionally organized, personally accountable, able to manage competing priorities without
- Strong written, verbal and Microsoft Office Suite skills