Vice President, Operations
Greater LA Area
We’re NEXT: a Sequoia-backed startup on a mission to build the country’s largest (and happiest) virtual fleet. Our mobile app powers the first trucker-centric marketplace with smart technology designed to make it easy for shippers to find capacity and for drivers to find loads; beyond long-haul trucking, we're also using technology to tackle supply chain challenges more broadly by innovating solutions for drayage and port operations. Since our founding in 2015, our 15K drivers have moved over $50 billion in cargo –and we’re just getting started.
If you are the humble, gritty, passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial type who thrives in a fast-paced growing tech company, come join us as we revolutionize the $800 billion trucking industry. We have big ambitions and are looking for people who want to help us take logistics to the NEXT level!
We are experiencing explosive growth! And as our Vice President, Operations, you’ll help us achieve operational excellence by driving NEXT’s customer care strategy and ensuring we have a employee first culture. You’ll simultaneously increase customer and employee satisfaction, while leading day-to-day strategy & execution to help sustain our rapid growth.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Executive team/CEO to create and implement operations processes and policies for the operations team as well as partner with executives on company strategies and company culture
- Work with recruiting to hire mid level managers to manage different lines of services with the Operations team
- Partner with team members to restructure the operations team to reduce overlap between departments according to the new business needs
- Develop SOP and KPI’s for the Ops team
- Grow NEXT Relay program and help streamline Drayage operations and expand Relay program to Oakland terminals
- Increase TL marketplace app usage
- Ensure better coordination between Marketplace, Brokerage and Asset departments
- Increase asset usage efficiency and company driver productivityI
- Increase on-time pickup and delivery, and reduce service failureIncrease shipper and carrier retention rate
- Support sales team to on-board enterprise shippers
- Connect NEXT operating systems with Trapac’s system
What You'll Need to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- Must have years of relevant operations experience, ideally in start-ups and tech companies
- Experience building, coaching and training large teams in a dynamic environment, managing an operations team over 100 people
- Previous experiences with both early and growth stage companies
- Obsession with process and quality control
- Ability to identify top-tier talent that consistently raises the bar of excellence
- Ability to leverage complex data to identify trends and drive strategic decisions
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic plan to meet key business objectives/metrics
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Proven ability to define performance measures directly related to business and hold people accountable
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]nexttrucking.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description