Vice President, Global Real Estate and Workplace Services
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a VP of Global Real Estate (GRE) and Workplace Services to join the Operations Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
The Workplace Experience Team works tirelessly to ensure a great experience for guests, candidates, and employees. We strive to create a comfortable and open work environment where people produce their best work and have the amenities and resources to do so. And we have fun doing it!
About the Role:
The successful candidate for this position has been in-house working alongside leadership to plan real estate strategy for a rapidly scaling business. Honey currently occupies 50,000 square feet in downtown Los Angeles, with a 130,000 square foot build underway. We’ll be looking to find additional space beyond that in the near future and need a seasoned negotiator to work with external brokers and vendors. Additionally, our Santa Barbara location is in 6,000 sq ft and building out to 18,000 sq ft, while Boulder, CO occupies 3,000 sq ft and is doubling that office with construction as well. We’re in various other co-working spaces around the world and looking to expand rapidly. You’ll also manage the current workplace services team to ensure that our employees have best in class services during their workday. There are roughly 300 employees today, so partnership with our People, IT, and Culture teams is critical as we think about doubling over the course of the next year.
What You'll Do:
- Drive our strategy with external brokers, and work to find the best places for our facilities
- Work with HR to refine the occupancy and planning for the next 5 years. Understand our current workplace environment and look to replicate that so our employees continue to have the best space for their best work
- Support Honey’s sustainability efforts and develop short, medium and long term plans for improving the quality, and optimizing the delivery, of GRE’s services
- Partner with Honey’s Senior Leadership Team and onsite office managers regarding real estate services as the team rapidly expands in offices throughout the US - proactively planning for overflow and ensuring the quality and availability of resources is maintained
- Manage onsite services - catering, maintenance, facilities, and physical security in-house and via third party services where applicable
- Partner with HR and applicable agencies to ensure Honey is in compliance with applicable State and Federal health and safety laws and regulations in our offices based in the US
- Empower and coach your respective team through strong leadership and communication skills - Honey is a company focused on constantly leveling up, and it starts with our leaders and managers setting the stage for growth in their teams
- Develop strategic relationships with Honey’s suppliers to ensure Honey receives consistent top-tier service and operations are smooth through service-related challenges
- You are a thought leader in the industry
- You promote Honey’s diverse work environment, and foster inclusivity in every interaction with our teams
- You are resilient and welcome rapidly changing environments in a high-growth organization
- You strive to create and maintain world-class offices for teams scattered throughout the world, ensuring our high standards are consistent no matter where in the world you work
- You innovate in the face of challenges - always finding options and solutions that may not exist at first glance to optimize the impact of each decision made
- You have a successful track record of real estate acquisition and leasing in a corporate setting
- You have experience managing and leading global real estate portfolios including planning, development and execution
- You have managed, scaled and lead global teams
- You can travel up to 25% or as needed including international travel
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.