GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
As a Technical Support Representative, you'll support users via email, live chat, and phone/webex and act as the main point of contact for software questions ranging from “Help! I don’t how to create a password!” to “Help! I need to setup GoGuardian for my school district and don’t know where to start!” We're looking for a highly technical, organized go-getter and problem-solver who wants to delight our customers by providing accurate and efficient solutions while maintaining GoGuardian’s white-glove support experience. After comprehensive training, you'll play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to-day operations of our diverse customer base.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm to start. Shift may change as needed. This is an hourly paid opportunity.
What You’ll Do
- Field support chats, emails, and phone calls from IT administrators and teachers who have questions about our software
- Assist customers with our full product suite (after comprehensive training, you’ll be intimately familiar with all of our products)
- Proactively look for ways to improve internal processes in an effort to increase efficiency
- Work closely with other GoGuardian teams for efficient cross-team collaboration and user solutions
- Problem solve like it’s your job, because….well, it is!
Who You Are
- Love and understanding of software and emerging technologies
- Prior related experience providing technical support directly to customers
- Self-starter and self-learner who is constantly trying to improve themselves and processes
- Feels brave leaping into the unknown and comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language
- Would rather swim in solutions than problems and have resourcefulness that puts MacGyver to shame!
- College degree preferred
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.