Technical Support Specialist (Remote) at GoGuardian
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
Do you consider yourself a problem solver? Someone who can’t let a question go unanswered? Are you driven to improve processes and delight customers at every turn? We’re looking for you! As a Technical Support Specialist you will be reporting to a Technical Support Manager, this position is focused on expertly handling all of Pear Deck’s support requests. When teachers have questions or run into technical issues, you’ll be there to help through email. You’ll collaborate with members of your team and colleagues across the company to ensure consistency, delightful, and helpful support is delivered to every user every day.
What You'll Do
- Manage inbound support requests through email
- Provide helpful, empathic support to teachers and school administrators facing technical issues or questions about Pear Deck’s functionality
- Maintain a speedy response time and happy customer rating, with a continual focus on process improvement
- Update help articles and videos to ensure the best, most accurate information is always available
- Conduct troubleshooting to help the product and tech teams solve customer problems quickly and efficiently
- Attend team meetings to discuss common issues, learn from each other about best responses, and maintain consistent voice and tone
- Keep records of the most common support issues and methods to solve them. You’re our first line of product feedback and we want you to be the voice of the customer.
Who You Are
- Great written and verbal communication skills: Ability to clearly explain complicated ideas in written form and to patiently get to the heart of a problem through empathetic questions to customers
- Love and understanding of software and emerging technologies
- Self-starter and self-learner who is constantly trying to improve themselves and processesPrevious experience in service - preferably online customer supportSome experience teaching or working with teachers is preferable but not necessary
- College Degree Preferable
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.