The Emotive Story
At Emotive, our mission is to humanize the internet. Since our launch in 2018, Emotive has become the product of choice for hundreds of eCommerce companies to drive more sales and build more personal relationships with customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love!
About the Role
Our Customer Support team is responsible for designing and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their goals and work towards providing value while driving long-term relationships for mutual success. As the Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as the bridge between Emotive and the amazing people who use our product.
You'll be responsible for:
- Mastering the Emotive platform in order to efficiently and effectively diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to promptly resolve customer issues
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Ensuring proper recording and closure of all issues
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals for both internal and external audiences
- Providing step-by-step technical help, either written or verbal and in English and Spanish
- Empathizing with the customer’s perspective and providing the best solutions that are aligned with Emotive's core values.
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams while providing clear steps to reproduce and detailed troubleshooting steps
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have demonstrated understanding of the following languages: SQL, JSON, Rest API, HTML, but this does not mean you need to be a software engineer.
- You have experience using developer tools, APIs and error logs to diagnose and troubleshoot client issues both with their network and software.
- You have excellent, written and verbal, language skills (English and Spanish).
- You possess 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role; experience with SaaS companies and startups a plus.
- You are comfortable working independently and reporting into a remote manager.
- You can be available for a 2nd shift and on-call rotation on the weekends as necessary.
- You’re an excellent communicator who is technically curious, enjoys problem solving and translating technical concepts across various customer profiles.(Even if the problems aren’t well-defined, even if the usual solutions aren’t working, and even if it’s the fifth person you’ve helped solve that problem today.)
- You possess a “customer first” attitude and a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- You’re attentive to the little details and you believe people’s experience matters.
- You drive towards efficiency, thinking on your feet to find creative solutions to requests and directional changes.
- You welcome constructive criticism and customer feedback
- You thrive in a high pressure environment, closing out issues quickly and accurately and are comfortable dealing with customers who are already frustrated that their systems are malfunctioning.
- You possess strong telephone etiquette skills to ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers, very comfortable with Zoom or Video.
- You demonstrate active listening and written communication follow-up skills to know how to tactfully communicate directions to clients to ensure customers get the information they need without feeling frustrated or talked down to.
Emotive offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, healthcare coverage, 401K, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Emotive
Emotive is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.