Team Lead, Shipping & Receiving
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented and trustworthy Shipping & Receiving Team Lead to drive productivity and contribute to the growth of Tradesy.
Success in this role requires the ability to lead the Shipping & Receiving team to get merchandise where it needs to be on time, every time. This role will strive for operational excellence by looking for opportunities to remove inefficiencies and increase productivity.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Fulfillment.
- Assess and prioritize the always-changing day-to-day needs of the team
- Manage timecards, vacation and performance of the Shipping & Receiving Specialists
- Work closely with other team leadsManage and report on in-house and off-site fulfillment inventory
- Communicate with third party vendors in a professional manner
- Coordinate pick-up and drop-off of all packages
- Open all incoming packages within 24 hours
- Ensure efficient movement of merchandise from our inventory room to the packing stations for shipment
- Accurately sort and scan incoming items to their proper locations
- Oversee the preparation of shipping kits
- Proficient Mac and GoogleDoc skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Inventory management experience
- E-commerce warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds and to stand and/or walk for more than seven hours per day
- Familiarity with basic warehouse tools and equipment such as box cutters, dock carts
- 2-4 years experience of Shipping & Receiving/warehouse experience
- Experience leading or managing a small team
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team