Sr. Maintenance Tech
- Fully committed to meet manufacturing goals, safety, quality and production.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on operating and material handling equipment, efficiently and on a timely manner to ensure daily production requirements are met.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs throughout the facility
- Maintain working area clean and free of debris.
- Generate part requests to ensure adequate inventory.
- Complete all projects issued from work orders as assigned.
- Complete all required reporting and documentation promptly.
- Perform mechanical and maintenance related assistance (i.e., equipment set-up, repairs, construction, piping installation) as assigned.
- Report any equipment malfunction and unsafe practices immediately to Manager/Supervisor on duty.
- Demonstrate a good and professional relationship with others (internal and external)
- May be required to supply hand tools.
- Provides supervision and leadership to assigned tech staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent. College degree preferred
- Minimum (5) years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility required.
- Prior supervisory experience required. Must know LO/TO.
- Available to work flexible schedule and weekend hours due to production demand. May also be required to be on call to service equipment as business needs dictatate
- Previous experience with high-speed industrial environment. Programmable Logic Control (PLC) knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance methods.
- Current forklift certification required
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical diagrams schematics and blue prints.
- Basic computer skills required.
Preferred Specific Equipment Experience
- Autobagger Vendor - Automated packaging system
- Breeze Bagger Vendor - The platinum packaging group
- Vertek machine Vendor- The platinum packaging group
- Liquid filler
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Long hours of standing/walking required.
- Able to use both hands/grasping/fine dexterity.
- Push, bend, reach and pull occasionally Able to work in extreme temperatures. Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Ability to develop standard operating processes and procedures. Very organized and detailed oriented.
- Training objectives: Safety observance and adherence Documenting / completing reports GMP’s; PPE; HACCP; Quality and Sanitation requirements guidelines Job specific training.
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!