Sr. Director, Global Media at Tinder
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 13, 2020
The Media Director will own the global media practice for Tinder. We are looking for someone who has outstanding buying experience; but, has led strategy and best practice in media for a global brand. This person will help craft how we build out our internal capabilities across regions and engage the right partners to help us grow and rapidly scale our business. The right person has a technical digital background with an understanding of the role traditional channels play in the overall marketing mix.
- Lead media planning and buying strategy globally for Tinder
- Build and develop outstanding regional media teams globally
- Inspiring leader in the media landscape and brings innovative ways to connect to our members and potential members through new channels.
- Select the right partners and operating structure externally and negotiate the terms
- Partner closely with marketing operations, analytics, technology, and product team to understand and evolve our measurement methodology and attribution across all channels
- Lead and develop the internal media buying team to develop and build our internal capabilities. Encourage a collaborative environment for the team
- Communicate media strategies and plans verbally and visually to executives
- Encourage and motivate team members to build and implement clear, strong and intriguing campaigns and media plans
- A holistic view of media approach throughout all phases of the funnel
- Develop test structures and apply findings to optimizations
- Operationalize our media buying and planning globally so that we have a consistent view and approach
- Collaborate with Regional Heads of Marketing and Country managers to deliver on growth marketing goals across people, partners, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 12-15+ years of media planning and buying within an agency setting or progressive company, consumer app-based business preferred
- Has lead or participated in Global Media RFPs
- Ran a minimum of $50M budget across multiple global markets
- Strong knowledge of brand building/awareness campaigns and acquisition globally
- Deep hands-on experience in planning and buying across traditional and digital channels
- Prior experience building a media practice or a team from the ground-up.
- Software Skills: DoubleClick, GA, Data Visualization
- Lead a team of 10+
- Has worked closely with creative leads to deliver cohesive plans
- Understanding of MarTech landscape and DMP integrations
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
· Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
· A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description