Setup Coordinator at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Setup Coordinator to provide administrative and customer service support to Capitol Studios and clients. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A "can-do" attitude is essential.
Studio Set Up
• Ensuring the studio is presentable at all times
• Organize studio repairs and formulating long term solutions to everyday studio problems
• Runner duties including client support tasks
• Prepare for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones, loading and lifting, at minimum 25 lbs.
• heavy equipment for clients as well as breaking down the studio after sessions
• Responsible for stocking recording supplies in appropriate control rooms
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx, Messenger and International Shipments
• Responsible for cleanliness and organization of control rooms, break rooms, closets and bathrooms
Client & Customer Service
• Follow through on all client requests
• Assist all guests and clients to Studios as needed, including assistance with parking, escort through building, etc.
• Maintain service integrity and price efficiency with entire team
• Research, price, and purchase office supplies; ensure all departments have proper stock levels
• Assist Studio Coordinator in critical day to day administrative office functions and in planning and execution of daily work flow
• Assist departments with follow-up of equipment rentals
• Proficient level across Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Knowledge of microphones, microphone techniques and various consoles
• Candidate must be proactive, with exceptional organization and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, responding to issues promptly
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of employees and management
• Positive attitude and team player
• High attention to detail and accustomed to meeting tight deadlines
• A successful candidate will be: service and detail-oriented, self-motivated, punctual, dependable, show a willingness to learn, sensitivity and confidentiality with high profile clients
• Ability to work flexible work schedule (night shift and occasionally overnights)
• 1-3 years of experience in production or recording studio environment preferred
• Knowledge of the music industry
• Proficiency in ProTools a plus
• Passion for music
• Bachelor's Degree in Music Production or Audio Post Production or equivalent work experience in a Production/Studio environment
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.