Service Desk Technician
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
You will help keep the wheels moving at Edmunds as a Service Desk Technician for the PitstopTeam, which is the Helpdesk team that supports the IT needs of employees. You will assistemployees with all manners of Tier 1 & 2 hardware and software support, conference room andA/V support, as well as supporting organizational and departmental goals.
What You’ll Do:
The primary activities of the position include supporting employees in the following capacities:
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 support to all personnel; escalate issues to Tier 3 when necessary
- Provide support for Pitstop phone line and enter and manage service requests into Jira Service Desk application
- IT Life Cycle support for current hardware and software:
- Image and deploy new Mac and PC systems
- Track and log assets into asset database
- Decommission, wipe, and complete asset dispositions for old hardware
- Support & administration of Mac and PC client systems and peripherals
- Technical application support for MS Office Suite and Adobe products
- Client support for the Remote User community
- Conference Room maintenance and Audio/Visual support
- Provide ad hoc technical support at “PITStop Bar.”
What You Need:
- 2-3 years of related industry experience in information technology support, specifically in the area of workstation deployment and Windows and Mac operating systems
- Exceptional customer service skills are a must, with an emphasis on quality
- Prior experience utilizing a Helpdesk ticketing system
- Prior experience supporting a mobile and remote workforce
- Specific knowledge of and prior experience supporting:
- Mac OS troubleshooting and support
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 troubleshooting and support
- Various desktop applications such as MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Symantec Antivirus, etc.
- Mobile device support including Android and iOS devices.
- Basic understanding of:
- Windows Active Directory (user account creation, group membership)
- Networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN client configuration
- VOIP Phones, Instant Messaging, Web Conferencing (WebEx), Audio/Visual technologies (projectors, audio)
- Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.