Senior Technical Solution Manager, Oracle at BlackLine
BlackLine's Product Management group drives product design and strategy across BlackLine's entire suite of solutions, manages the product backlog and roadmap, and leverages deep product, market, and competitive knowledge in support of other teams throughout BlackLine. The Solution Management team, which is part of the Product group, is responsible for representing Product externally to the rest of BlackLine as well as to customers: outbound to support communication of BlackLine solutions to go-to-market teams and to customers, and inbound to understand, prioritize and communicate the technical needs of customers back to the Product team to influence the product roadmap and strategy. As part of the Solution Management team, the Technical Solution Manager considers customer issues as solutions that cut across BlackLine products and other software offerings in the Finance and Automation ecosystem.
The Technical Solution Manager in this group will lead the company's ability to articulate its technology vision, including an API-first mentality and software in the public cloud. This involves working closely with major customers, including:
- understanding their needs and assessing appropriate technical requirements to meet them
- communicating BlackLine's technical vision to accounting and IT decision-makers at customer companies
- working closely with our internal team of Engineers and Product Managers, customers, implementation and software partners, and customer/partner-facing teams to define and build solutions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Be Solution Management's go-to resource for functional expertise on Oracle ERP products.
Serve as a subject matter expert for the organization on the technical aspects of delivering highly scalable and secure accounting solutions, including emphasis on Oracle solutions including integration with BlackLine.
Articulate the business and technical value of our services and solutions to customers.
Work as a technical partner and liaison with the Project Management and Engineering organizations on technical deliverables.
Develop opportunities, lead, collaborate and motivate customer-facing teams, and other teams across the organization as well as its strategic implementation and software partners.
Strong learning aptitude, ability to learn new domain and technology solutions, and deliver on it.
Experience in dealing directly with customers and internal sales organizations.
Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
Effectively communicate and advocate the solution strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specific initiatives to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
Craft effective go-to-market & product strategies; work closely with pre-and post-sales
Assess markets and competition to develop and position our products as solutions for disruption of legacy competitors with differentiated new products
Create and manage supporting collateral including strategic plans, business cases, marketing plans, and appropriate functional support plans
Translate information from across the organization, partners, and customers into cohesive decisions
Provide leadership in customer events and workshops, such as user conference, best practice summits, partner advisory boards, and customer advisory boards
Partner with various teams such as Product Marketing, Product Management, Product Design, Implementations, Support, Customer Success, Accounting Innovation, Sales, Architecture, and Customer Experience to lead discovery and innovation processes that surface unmet customer needs
Define initiative success criteria and business metrics to measure results, including reporting results and making future recommendations based on those results
Perform other duties as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of engineering, solution management or technical product management, with deep experience on the cutting edge of one or more of the following: APIs, public cloud, security engineering.
- Deep understanding of accounting & finance workflows, and a deep understanding of the software market for accounting and finance.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of the latest tech trends in Oracle ERPs, APIs, public cloud, application/data security or similar disciplines.
- Advanced work management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to leverage research/data to support sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve tension, motivate a team, and mentor teammates
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to influence without authority
- Segmenting markets, identifying target customers, and uncovering customer needs
- Deep understanding of product management methodologies, best-practices, and processes preferred
- Experience with Outcome Driven Innovation and JTBD is a plus
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture and engineering patterns and practices Experience with Agile/Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies Familiarity with market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
- This is an excellent opportunity for an engineering looking to transition to product management, or technical product managers who would like to transition from an inbound-facing role to one with significant outbound-facing responsibilities – including interactions with major customers.
- Accounting background via work experience and educational background.
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture and engineering patterns and practices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies
- Familiarity with market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required. This role does require travel in order to meet with clients, attend industry events, or support BlackLine-sponsored events.