Senior Manager, Strategic Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for data-driven, strategic thinkers to lead the Strategic Operations team to tackle some of the highest impact and most challenging problems we face across our global operations. This individual will manage a team to analyze metrics, draw conclusions from data sets, build scalable systems, and deliver actionable insights to stakeholders across the organization. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced environments and conceptualizing strategies, then this is a great role for you.
- Directly manage a team of Managers, Sr Associates and Associates
- Manage programs for the Strategic Operations team in the development of constantly evolving strategies to scale Bird globally
- Manage teams to perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Own several highly visible processes and deliver updates to executive stakeholders
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- 8+ years of experience of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- 3+ years of experience directly managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description