Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit is responsible for building and leading GumGum’s global IT risk and audit infrastructure. Collaborating with senior leaders across the globe this role will learn our business and support their internal partners to understand the key role they play in maintaining strong IT and broader internal controls.
This role joins a team that supports the business in reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting our shareholders, customers, and employees. The challenge in this role is to build and scale a department that will have a tremendous impact on GumGum’s success as we continue to mature as an organization.
- Risk & Controls Management
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of GumGum’s business, technical platform, operations and processes and evaluate financial reporting, operational and information technology risks, processes and controls
- Build out access administration function and define security roles for key third party applications (NetSuite, ADP, Expensify, to name a few) and implement relevant industry leading third party tools to ensure segregation of duties
- Assist in assessing GumGum’s risk and developing the annual and three-year audit plans and programs for areas under responsibility
- Perform and/or oversee execution of audit plans, including evaluating design of controls, testing effectiveness, analyzing evidence, and identifying issues
- Perform or oversee validation of exceptions including quantifying risks, investigating root causes, and working with owners to establish and drive remedial action activity plans and continual improvements to closure
- Perform risk assessments that address system implementations or changes, process improvements, supplier assessments and other requests or initiatives from the business.
- Support business integration activities, notably around systems and data access and monitoring risks and controls.
- Work with external auditors as required to increase reliance on internal audit performance
- Monitor industry trends, competitive insights, and maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation expectations and requirements
- Perform internal control audits and collaborate with external auditors on MRC accreditation and SOX compliance.
- Perform SOC2 examination readiness and perform annual internal SOC2 audit
- Draft executive ready annual audit reports and communications
- Prepare, review, and communicate meaningful audit updates, memos, and reports
- Effectively interact with and communicate results to auditees, audit management, business unit management and senior management via formal written communications (i.e., audit reports)
- Recommend improvements to systems, procedures and processes to minimize risks, improve efficiency, or generate cost savings
- Training and Awareness
- Act as risk and controls SME for internal customers, promote and provide education/training on company policies and best practices.
- BA degree in Finance / Management or equivalent professional experience
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CISA certification is advantageous
- Proven, successful track record with at least 6 years’ experience, ideally within an international environment
- Possess knowledge and experience in implementing leading business/IT control frameworks (such as COSO Framework, NIST, ISO, CMMC and/or other) and generally accepted auditing principles
- IT audit experience related to SOX, SOC, ITGCs and application controls (especially segregation of duties) required. Integration, and security.
- Required certifications: CISA.
- Optional but useful certifications: CPA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CGEIT.
- Optional but useful experience in financial audit as well as operational processes
- Optional but useful experience with OneTrust
- Experience as an external auditor in a Big4 and internal auditor will be advantageous
- Ability to handle multiple priorities; work under pressure and time constraints
- Expertise in auditing concepts, approaches, tools and techniques; risks and controls; IT and Security concepts, standards, frameworks and best practices
- Proficiency in IT General Controls auditing, IT Application Controls review, Business and IT process flows
- In practicing data analysis, experience using computer-assisted audit techniques and has ideally been exposed to an IDEA or ACL type tool
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High ethical standards with ability to handle confidential / sensitive issues and information with the highest degree of professional responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and gain the confidence and respect of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player, with a real ability to withstand stress and accustomed to working in international environments
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Pet Friendly Organization - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired Just Premium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. Just Premium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum