Team and Role Overview
Our EHS team is expanding and looking for a Senior EHS Specialist to help take our EHS programs and safety culture to the next level. This position will be based out of our rocket factory and headquarters in Long Beach, CA.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Lead Environmental Compliance Initiatives for Relativity Space Long Beach Factory including but not limited to
- Stormwater compliance best management practices (BMPs)
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan support
- Air permit support
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System permit support
- Industrial wastewater discharge and support
- Drive EHS program and policy initiatives into company culture.
- Act as EHS business partner and advocate for employees working in factory.
- Work in field to identify and correct hazards, and enforce company EHS procedures and policies.
- Develop and implement corporate safety management system.
- Work with corporate EHS Manager to develop Key Performance Indicators.
- Drive corporate EHS auditing program and inspection program.
- Lead EHS training effort for Long Beach factory.
- Conduct root cause investigations for injuries and illnesses that occur in the Long Beach factory.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate EHS professional looking to continue to build a culture of safety at Relativity Space. This candidate must exhibit confidence and poise, as they will be interfacing with environmental regulatory agencies, and providing EHS training across the company. This candidate must be a natural leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, taking the initiative to improve EHS across the company.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in: Environmental sciences, engineering, health sciences, occupational health and safety, or related degree.
- 4+ years of experience in the EHS field.
- 2+ years delivering EHS training in HAZCOM, LOTO, Confined Spaces, Fall Arrest, and other EHS training competencies.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading and maintaining environmental permitting initiatives.
- Experience conducting industrial hygiene surveys and qualitative exposure assessments.
- Experience participating / conducting EHS audits and inspections.
- Comfortable interfacing with regulatory agencies.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 6+ years working in EHS field.
- Masters degree in Public health, engineering, occupational health and safety, or related degree.
- Maintains CSP, ASP, CIH, QISP, AQMD CPP, CES, CEP, or other professional environmental certification.
- 2+ years working in aerospace or space launch services industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.