Senior Director, Corporate Development at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 21, 2021
LegalZoom is looking for a highly passionate and proven Corporate Development leader to join the LegalZoom team. LegalZoom's mission 'Democratize Law' means bringing equitable access to all and making the complex simple - a big part of this is removing the barriers and making it easy and affordable to start a business. LegalZoom has helped millions of customers become business owners by enabling them to make it 'official' with business formation such as an LLC or Incorporation. These SMBs also look to LegalZoom to help them take the next steps on their journey, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business checking account or creating a website for their new business.
As part of our overall LegalZoom growth strategy, we will be looking for opportunities to accelerate growth via acquisitions and this leader will drive LegalZoom's corporate development strategy and execution and have a significant impact on the company and its future. Reporting to the Chief Corporate Development & Partnerships Officer, the Sr. Director of Corporate Development will own M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives end-to-end developing insightful analyses and communicating clearly and compellingly. Working closely with the members of our leadership team, this leader will be expected to make smart recommendations and to lead change to better serve customers and drive overall business growth.
- Create and execute the inorganic strategy and roadmap based on overall LegalZoom priorities as well as market dynamics.
- Deliver buy, build, partner recommendations to the executive team that shape company and product strategy by coordinating market research and synthesizing findings.
- Own the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including opportunity assessment, business case development, valuation and financial modeling, leading due diligence processes, deal negotiation and integration planning
- Lead and manage the end-to-end M&A process, including identifying the highest priority areas for LegalZoom to pursue M&A, banking relationships, sourcing opportunities, overseeing market and financial due diligence, and coordinating a team carrying out all aspects of due diligence.
- Develop unique perspectives on key competitors, assess LegalZoom's relative strengths and weaknesses, and communicate the implications for LegalZoom.
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across LegalZoom and across the legal technology and SMB ecosystem with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams and leadership to evaluate and execute opportunities.
- Create and evolve M&A related processes and operations from strategy to integration working in collaboration with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- 10+ years experience with a combination of top-tier technology, investment banking, and management consulting roles
- 3+ years prior experience with driving buy-side M&A transactions end-to-end in a previous corporate development role at a technology company
- An energy amplifier who is an expert at operating across multiple teams, projects and work streams using critical thinking, creativity and thought leadership
- Ability to perform rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics and effectively communicate the context, impact and recommendation via both written and verbal methods.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- An expert collaborator among multiple stakeholders and disciplines internally and externally to ensure success of company objectives by calibrating goals, influencing roadmaps and team deliverables, and ensuring accountability and communication flow
- Results and detail oriented, with commercial/business acumen and a bias for action
Read Full Job Description