Senior DevOps Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Senior DevOps Manager at Relativity, you will be responsible for all areas involving DevOps, infrastructure, and Helpdesk. Your approach will bring together the best of leading a small team of DevOps and IT technician resources, and being hands-on in solving technical problems for all Relativity employees.
You are passionate about technology and people, and bring a thought leader mindset to all automation, infrastructure, and support challenges. You are able to investigate and resolve technical problems yourself, while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will manage and grow the DevOps and IT operations team at Relativity, and report initially to the CTO.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown, as the Senior DevOps Manager at Relativity, you will
- Ensure that Relativity has the DevOps infrastructure in place to meet its aggressive growth targets, and meets flexibility, reliability, and cost targets.
- Establish and continuously improve processes and standards to ensure Devops addresses all needs and operates resource-efficiently, and at scale.
- Balance available resources to simultaneously develop long term, scalable solutions while keeping day to day operations moving forward.
- Manage Relativity’s IT Operations (helpdesk, system administration, infrastructure) to deliver a seamless employee experience.
- Establish information security standards and metrics, and ensure consistent success meeting information security targets, while continuously trading off usability and security.
- Oversee definition and implementation of a highly functional, multi-site infrastructure strategy, spanning all of our current and future sites.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in DevOps management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment at a technology company. Prior experience working across various DevOps systems, applications and infrastructure, and a deep passion for support operations are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing DevOps and IT processes and systems, and elevate their performance, to create positive impact from day one.
On a day to day, you are able to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term, cost effective solutions. You will be interacting with all levels of Relativity with enthusiasm and positivity.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- • BSc/BA in information systems, network engineering, computer science, or related field and 5+ years of IT Engineering/DevOps experience.
• Experience maintaining computer systems (Windows/Linux) in a medium-sized environment.
• Experience as an DevOps lead/manager in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch, personalized manner.
• Demonstrated experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- • You bring a thought leadership mindset to the table to support a high performance and growth environment, and operate highly effectively at the tactical level
• Experience building a CI/CD process to take Business line source code to production ready services; Experience with a scripting language or other programming languages.
• Experience building a multi-site/hybrid cloud architecture to support high-availability/fault-tolerant/secure networks and systems.
• Experience rolling out ERP/MES or other large business-line applications with a low barrier to entry to for all company staff.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.