Senior Channel Director at BlackLine
- Responsible for channel development of Blackline’s MidMarket and Emerging Market segment with regional channel partners
- Responsible for channel strategy in assigned geo (North Am, EMEA or APAC), working in alignment with Geo sales leadership and Field Alliances teams.
- Act as the General Manager of Solution Providers in region to ensure all aspects of relationships are fully operating at scale, with ability to conduct executive level conversations with partners and drive internal cross functional alignment with Blackline executives.
- Responsibilities include profiling, targeting, recruiting, contract negotiations and enablement of high-quality channel partnerships.
- Ensure and continuously assess that all recruited Channel/Solution Providers are committed to driving revenue, and that they have quality resources to generate pipeline, demonstrate the product, sell, implement and deliver customer success services
- Create and monitor yearly business plans, including measurable metrics, with channel partners in the geos.
- Responsible for the development of key relationships with the channel partners and facilitating relationships between partner and Blackline leadership
- Maintain accurate dashboard results of channel partners for assigned geo and communicate to key stakeholders the effectiveness of the channel programs & investments.
- Ensure partner compliance with channel agreements and channel rules of engagement, including working with Field Alliances to manage potential channel conflicts.
- Ensure partner is fully enabled and has required capabilities to act as customer success managers, with high rate of renewals. upsell, and high customer satisfaction
- Role requires high understanding of other functions, including sales, marketing, channel and sales operations, business processes and professional services. This means ability to work well cross-functionally, including ability to: Liaise with Field Alliances to ensure partners are driving demand generation & executing on pipeline building efforts.
- Collaborate with Partner Enablement team to ensure partners have all required self-service training and certifications across all customer lifecycle from acquisition to on-going customer success. Additionally, work closely with Partner Enablement teams on tailoring enablement strategies, offerings, and assets to the Channel needs
- Coordinate with BlackLine’s partner marketing group to develop a channel marketing strategy and plans, tailoring marketing tactics for each channel partner and monitor their effectiveness
- Provide input to Blackline channel operations to develop the required infrastructure and operational processes to scale channel partners to significant growth over the next few years
- Ensure effective and timely communications on relevant announcements, programs, and performance – with both internal and external partner stakeholders.
- Actively promote Blackline‘s channel value proposition within BlackLine and Partner organizations. Function as a strong advocate for the partnerships. Clarify & communicate highest impact metrics (growth, customer success, et)
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Willingness to travel on as-needed basis
- Experience in Partner / Alliance Management, managing channel partners including VARS, SI’s, boutique and regional system integrators in the ERP or adjacent solutions.
- 10-15+ years’ experience in finance/accounting related business experience preferred
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators/value drivers for large professional services / SI organizations.
- Track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- High presentation skills with ability to succinctly summarize key points in executive meetings
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to quickly analyze and apply relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams to increase program ROI and effectiveness.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen. Self-starter, with strong work ethic and personal drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators/value drivers for technology partnerships.
- Practical experience in supporting definition and delivery of solutions with partner leads/P&L owners.
- Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a collaborative environment.
- Superior ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.