Securities Corporate Actions Representative at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to. Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
We’re looking to hire an engaging and experienced Brokerage Operations Corporate Actions Representative. This role will be responsible for corporate action review, tracking, communication workflows, needed to support Altruist’s Customer Support and Brokerage Operations team.
What you’ll do
- Identify and maintain daily corporate action notifications from clearing firm or other vendor sources to determine the appropriate course of action based on those notifications on a daily basis
- Identify accounts impacted by mandatory and voluntary corporate actions
- Communicate with CS and Engineering to ensure timely notifications are received and processed accordingly
- Create detailed notifications based on each specific mandatory or voluntary corporate action to be communicated to advisors/clients
- Research complex events using both internal and external tools
- Track voluntary corporate action elections and communicate elections with clearing firm
- Identify workflow or system improvements and work with product and engineering teams to implement change
- Promptly escalate and help resolve discrepancies and exceptions in a timely manner
- Responds to both internal and external inquiries quickly and efficiently
- Familiarity with rebalancer trading technology and impact of corporate actions is highly desirable
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of corporate actions review and tracking experience
- Understanding multiple facets of brokerage operations processes
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch
- Attention to detail and follow up is a critical component of the position
- Self-motivated, positive, engaging; team mindset; low ego
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Experience with SaaS, tech or fintech, and start-up environments
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice, CA on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).