Scooter Specialist at Metropolis
We are a start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions in partnership with leading companies in the mobility sector and on-demand consumer services.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with complementary backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech company founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, a senior back-end engineer from Google, and senior professionals from global asset management firms.
We are seeking a select number of entrepreneurial self-starters that can help run and launch our electric scooter operations throughout Los Angeles County. You will be responsible for collecting scooters, charging them at our hubs, and redistributing them in the morning. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is constantly looking to innovate. Given we’re in the early stages of development, there’s incredible growth potential within the company for those that perform at a high level. For those looking for experience in the mobility sector, this role provides an invaluable experience to work with those at the forefront of the field.
Roles & Responsibilities
Perform all support and logistical operations required to facilitate the expansion of scooter services at existing and future locations in Los Angeles:
- Collect scooters in the evening based on the level of charge they hold
- Charge scooters at our on-site charging hubs
- Deploy scooters throughout the city to be used by commuters daily
- Be a subject matter expert on all processes related to scooter charging, including but not limited to collecting/charging/deploying, the safe handling of equipment, and driving a cargo vehicle
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all clients and the internal team on current and new business developments
- Work directly with the technology team to inspire new technology products to better run the business
- Work with the operations team to build a playbook and create standard operating procedures for future locations
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience collecting, charging and deploying electric scooters
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Ability to work independently and reliably
- Derive enjoyment from learning and innovating. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking results
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license
- No conviction in the past 7 years of a felony or any offense involving violence, dishonesty, automobile theft, automobile vandalism, reckless driving or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Cannot have an at fault vehicle accident of any type in the last three years, and no more than two moving violations in the last three years
- Must possess stellar driving skills