Regional Operations Director, California
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
As the Market Director (what we call our Regional Operations Director role!), you will lead a team focused on operational excellence across 20+ restaurants. You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing our operators both across a 20+ restaurant market which may span across multiple cities. You’ll be an active member of the Operations Leadership Team and help to shape operations strategy as well as ensure that the company’s strategic initiatives come to light in your market.
The right person for this role is a proven leader and operator, familiar with high growth environments, skilled at managing a P&L, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and driving operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
This role will preferably be based in or close to the Los Angeles area. Travel to Northern California required.
What you’ll do
- Manage the field operations teams to deliver employee, guest and shareholder satisfaction goals which clearly include financial results
- Monitor and drive flawless execution in day-to-day operations; visit our restaurants often to ensure that all aspects of the business meet established guidelines and standards across all dayparts and parts of the week.
- Hire, train, develop, retain and evaluate leadership talent to create and maintain high performing teams that reduce turnover, create succession & growth and ensure that our top talent is ready to take on additional responsibilities.
- Assist with the development of strategic and tactical plans for the market and ensure the completion of each, holding individuals accountable to assigned tasks.
- Monitor all aspects of the business in-person and by using the various methods and reporting tools available (Daily sales reports, score cards, guest insights, labor and food cost tools), and then use the data and personal observations to coach and reach established goals.
- Develop and execute plans and initiatives that consistently achieve and beat the company's desired sales and profitability targets for both existing and newly established operations.
- Champion the operating culture by delivering a high level of system-wide operations execution that exceed guest expectations in each restaurant, every shift, every time; build a culture of accountability to financial and operational standards.
- Ensure flawless opening, execution and results of new restaurant openings. Do this by playing an active role both during pre and post opening of these restaurants including but not restricted to the aspect of recruiting and training.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the company to ensure productive partnerships with various cross functional business partners and disciplines at the Treehouse
- Deliver consistently on the company's goals and OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Exhibit leadership by example through effective coaching, motivating and reinforcing the company's mission, operating principles and core values while maintaining a high level of visibility with company operations.
- Provide thought leadership through developing and implementing innovative support solutions for company operations.
- Demonstrate progress through analysis and forecasting and presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the executive team.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations as well as company policy as it relates to the running of your market especially as it relates to food safety and labor laws
- Maintain a strong industry network and local market knowledge for our brand.
What you’ll bring to the table
- 7+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required.
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience is required.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- 401k, Health, dental + vision insurance and, 5 month parental leave
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.