President, PBM Services at Renew Health - CLOSED
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial pharmacy benefit executive to join our leadership team as President, PBM Services. Reporting to the CEO, the President will have broad accountability for the establishment, implementation, and day-to-day operations of our end-to-end pharmacy services.
- Be a leading voice in driving Renew Health’s vision of innovative, patient-centered pharmacy programs
- Collaborate with the team to reach a shared vision for service operations that is aligned with product development and business objectives
- Bring deep pharmacy benefit industry expertise to the Renew Health leadership team
- Work cross-functionally to establish a high-performing pharmacy benefit operational footprint, accounting for core components such as enrollment, claims, eligibility, and reporting
- Build a talented pharmacy operations team to support Renew Health’s scaling
- Be accountable for the performance, management, and ongoing assessment of delegated service areas
- Create, implement, and manage network strategy across retail, specialty, and mail
- Be accountable for day-to-day claims and payment operations
- Ensure pharmacy benefit offerings meets client trend/cost objectives
- Partner with Clinical team on bringing to life distinctive clinical programs, collaborating on areas such as formulary design, specialty drug management strategy, overall utilization/quality management
- Partner with Compliance team to ensure full compliance of pharmacy programs (internally and across delegated services) with all relevant client and regulatory requirements (federal, state, local)
Qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years (VP or higher) of progressive, operational experience at a major PBM
- Deep knowledge of and network of relationships within PBM industry
- Track record of creating, implementing, and managing innovative pharmacy programs
- Expertise negotiating and managing contracts across pharmacy value chain
- Experience building high performing teams to support pharmacy operations
- P&L and/or clinical pharmacy experience/education a plus
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and bias to action in the face of ambiguity
- Desire to join an early-stage company with a bold vision for making a fundamental transformation in a historically-fraught area of the health care industry
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)