Greater LA Area
As the Operations Manager at GOAT, you will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of GOAT’s Los Angeles facility. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, and thrives in a fast paced, ever evolving dynamic start up environment.
Strong decision-making skills will be critical for this role as the operational needs of the facility can fluctuate day-to-day. The planning, organization, and execution of completing operational goals can be challenging during our current growth, so it will be important that this position will work as a calm, objective focused leader to make sure targets are met on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Promoting a strong safety culture and healthy work environment
- Identify and develop operational improvements related to processes, resources, and workflow.
- Work with multiple departments ( Business Development, Product, etc..) to communicate and work through potential order and inventory related issues.
- Develop, implement, and enforce processes to mitigate operational misses
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 150 GOAT team members
- Cultivates and enforces best practices
- Engaging in cost-benefit analyses, seeking to obtain best prices for materials and overseeing production methods to optimize output to peak efficiency levels
- Regularly monitor expenses, diminishing spend where possible if necessary to stay on budget
- Set the tone of the leadership team with a calm, positive, focused and forward motion leadership style in a high pressure, fast work environment with consistent changes
- Be knowledgeable of the company’s goals
- Collect data and analyze trends and behaviors that will allow the organization to improve handling flow and customer experience.
We are looking for:
- Have 5+ years of experience in warehouse operations in a management or supervisory role
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of associates
- Is highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Possesses a financial acumen – recording, tracking and reporting expense control
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description