Operations Manager at Metropolis
Our expanding company is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our talented Los Angeles team. Reporting to the General Manager of LA, the Operations Manager will run point on everything that makes our Fort Worth operations tick. More specifically, your job will be to make sure our operations strategy is implemented and executed, and you’ll be empowered to find and craft innovative approaches to capture operational efficiency and rapid growth.
Location onboarding, building and training a team of mobility specialists, and finding inventive solutions to ever pressing challenges that result in positive product delivery will be the charge of the Ops Manager.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed market and company goals. As an Operations Manager you’ll be uniquely positioned to influence what will become the Metropolis experience across our broader network.
- Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, systems, and strategic decisions, and to follow through with implementation
- Ensure all operations are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Contribute to the day-to-day operations at our locations, including customer experience, training, and scheduling
- Facilitate the onboarding of new locations, including the installation of our proprietary technology and managing capital improvements (e.g. re-branding, customer lounges)
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Implement best-in-class customer service policies and procedures
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Brainstorm and implement creative ways of leveraging mobility specialist and facility downtime, including initiatives with other mobility, storage, or last mile logistics partners
- Understand basics of general project management and delivering tasks on time and within scope
- Devise and document operational processes to facilitate continued growth and scale
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company
- Collaborate and work in a fun environment
- 2-6 years of business experience - operations, consulting, banking, entrepreneurship and/or mobility
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Sound analytical foundation and business judgment. Fluent in leveraging data to drive decision making and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to uncover business insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the Fort Worth team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!