Operations Manager - Trust and Safety
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
You will work within the Bird Trust & Safety team to help build, develop, and manage a high performing team to provide exceptional level of service for our Riders, Chargers, and Mechanics. You’ll work with star engineers and product designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment to build and implement policy to engender trust among our users and promote safety across the Bird platform.
The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate has built and/or led teams, is highly operational, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with making every interaction count. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, inspires, and loves making something from nothing.
What You'll Do:
- Be both a tactical and strategic leader on the Support team operating 24x7x365
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within your functional area; identify and drive the team towards meeting KPI’s and SLAs; build reporting and communicate team results to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Train, coach, counsel and monitor the performance of Trust & Safety Specialists and Associates
- Oversee staffing including hiring, scheduling, attendance and termination
- Support creation and documentation of internal policy & processes to counteract behavior
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we build and scale
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar of execution
- Positively lead the team through the complexities of a fast growing and dynamic startup
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 2-3 years of people management
- Experience with trust and safety issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people
- Demonstrated judgement dealing with sensitive issues
- Exceptional problem solver who has owned projects from start to finish
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Excel, SQL, and/or Tableau
- Zendesk familiarity (rules, triggers, automations, etc)
- Additional languages outside of english
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description