Operations Coordinator at Postmates Inc.
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, operations and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As an Operations Coordinator at Postmates you will be working closely with a small group of dedicated Engineers, Scientists and Designers. The operations team is tasked with applying advanced technologies to challenges and opportunities out in the real world. In this role you will be looked upon to provide the operational on the ground assistance to our team, partners, customers and Serve. We are looking for people that are comfortable being Ops generalists and learning new things. As a member of the operations team, you will be expected to juggle multiple responsibilities including robotics, facility operations, mechanical maintenance, process development and being on the front lines in our communication with the public. You will be working primarily as an individual contributor but there are many opportunities to advance into leadership roles based on performance.
- Proactive self-starter who seeks out ways to contribute ideas and add value to a team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving in undefined environments
- Mechanical aptitude: You don’t need to build an engine but a willingness to learn
- Wants to contribute to something bigger than yourself
- Strong in-person communication
- Capable of articulating new concepts and ideas
- Comfortable being the public face of our projects
- Proven communication skills both verbal, in-person and written
- Capable of managing stressful situations with an understanding on how to de-escalate
- Willing to learn and work with rapidly changing computer systems
- Enjoys working on a team
- Enjoys being outdoors and spending multiple hours on your feet
- Capable of lifting objects up to 50 lbs in weight
- Military, Police or Firefighting background (honorable discharge or retirement only)
- Prior Secret Level Security Clearance
- Mechanical training or background
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Commuter benefits
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)