Operations Associate, CareDriver Community
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As the Operations Associate for the CareDriver Community, you will be responsible for coaching the community of independent CareDrivers on all HopSkipDrive policies and procedures. You will work collaboratively to ensure drivers remain in compliance with the documentation required to be a CareDriver on the HopSkipDrive platform. As a champion for the drivers, you will work to help build engagement amongst the CareDriver community through in-person meetups and across multiple support channels.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain CareDriver incident reports and provide general feedback or education as needed
- Use PostHire to review all driver document submissions
- Pause or deactivate driver accounts when their documents fall out of compliance
- Process new vehicle requests and ensure driver vehicles meet HSD standards
- Provide daily support through the CareDriver Facebook lounges
- Recognize trends in driver issues and complaints and flag to Management
- Handle Kustomer Support tickets related to compliance and general education
- Organize and plan driver events
- Support CareDrivers throughout the driver lifecycle
- Other responsibilities to support the management of our CareDriver community as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience demonstrating results in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage difficult conversations with empathy and clarity
- Always looking for ways to make things more efficient
- Outgoing and friendly with excellent people skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Google Docs required
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.