Office Manager, Los Angeles
Note: we are unable to sponsor visas and as such we will only accept candidates who already have permission to work in the USA.About Smarkets
Smarkets is a growing tech-led team of over 100, boasting more than 30 nationalities. Our platform has handled over £3 billion in bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenges, and our team members' experiences show's this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, and PhDs at one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe and America.
The Office Manager is the focal point of reference for all office-related matters and point of contact for the CEO, encompassing all day to day office and facilities related tasks as they arise, as well as general administrative tasks for the growing company. The role also involves event organization, office planning and set up for the US headquarters, as well as managing company payroll and expenses, and the willingness to jump in with a hands on approach to deal with the unexpected.
- Being the “go-to” person to all staff
- Checking, stocktaking and ordering supplies
- Ensuring that facilities are operational and clean
- Ad hoc general administrative tasks
- Managing expense payments and payroll
- Assisting with event organization
- Assisting in the day to day management of the CEO's schedule
- Budget management, execution and pricing negotiation for: (1) Catering, snacks and water (2) All company events and (3) All current and upcoming space negotiations including capital expenditure budget forecasts / tracking for furniture needs, maintenance repairs, etc.
- Ability to manage time and to prioritize workloads effectively
- Reliable, dependable and proactive
- Ability to work co-operatively with a wide variety of people and to respond positively and effectively to staff
- Great attention to detail
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free meals daily, social events and parties on a frequent basis
- Downtown LA office very close to the metro
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.