National Safety Director at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a process-oriented National Safety Director to build out and manage a national occupational health and safety program for Clutter. This program will include implementing safety practices and policies across Clutter's national supply chain, including within our warehouse/distribution centers, multi-hundred vehicle fleet, and 10+ field office locations. The ideal candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Operations, and know her or his way around all aspects of occupational health and safety within the logistics industry.
What you'll do:
- Analyze accident information, identify trends and key problem areas, and communicate to operations and executive leadership
- Partner with operations leadership to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents, and promote employee engagement in health and safety programs
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions/practices, and provide aid in all emergency situations
- Conduct inspections of facilities, machinery, and equipment to identify and correct potential hazards
- Partner with management to ensure all new hires receive safety orientation, and manage annual training requirements for existing employees
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws within all Clutter facilities
- Ensure all required safety records are accurately maintained in accordance with the law
- Identify innovative ways to grow and maintain a strong safety culture, and revamp employee safety training programs as necessary
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 8+ years of experience in occupational health and safety or a related field; experience within a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to travel 30-40% to our national field and warehouse locations
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, as well as other legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety
- Knowledge of local, state and federal fire and safety regulations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training and work in a team environment to achieve results
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and establish processes in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.