Merchandise Production Manager
Who We Are
States Made is a full-service merchandise partner for nonprofits, political campaigns and socially conscious businesses. We believe in the power of a well-designed t-shirt to raise vital funds and increase awareness of important issues. We create legitimate e-commerce businesses for each of our partners, using best practices for merchandising, marketing, UX and design.
All of the goods we create are USA-made and union printed, so we’re creating good jobs and ethical merch. Our clients are movement-creators, activists and game-changing progressive politicians. We're scaling and adding more in the run up to the 2020 elections. You can check out some of our clients here!
Who We’re Seeking
States Made is looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented Merchandise Production Manager to join our team! This role will be the master of the production and logistics side of our business. From sourcing the coolest new products, to building relationships with our amazing printers and vendors, to collaborating with our design team, your days will be varied, fast-paced and fun. We’re looking for someone who is equally excited by an afternoon of Excel as they are about a morning meeting with a new supplier. You’re an expert problem solver and love to think on your feet – if our client needs 1,000 t-shirts in D.C. in 2 days, you’ll figure out how to make it happen. You’re obsessed with creating a good experience for our clients and their customers.
On top of all that, you’re passionate about progressive politics and activism. You’re excited and motivated to find ways to ensure our clients receive the best pricing and the highest quality products.
- Manage relationships with vendors, including suppliers, printers and 3PLs
- On-board new vendors and negotiate pricing
- Brainstorm and source new products – you should have your finger on the pulse of trends in apparel and accessories
- Create SKUs and own the SKU system
- Find ways to streamline our production and fulfillment systems in order to ensure quality and efficiency
- Input and track POs
- Manage inventory across multiple clients
- Work with our designers to ensure art is print ready and in acceptable formats for our vendors
- Manage customer service inquiries
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 1 to 2 years of related work experience in eCommerce, Merchandising, Supply Chain, and/or Project Management
- Experience with inventory management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience working and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible team player who isn’t above doing the occasional UPS run
- Must be proficient in Excel and have ability to learn other software quickly
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- BONUS: Familiarity with screen printing and manufacturing
This is a fulltime role based in Los Angeles.