Manufacturing Operations Manager
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As an Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to lead a functional process on a specified shift within the Bird production facility. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of exceptional talent that makes innovation possible; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team to become the best leaders they can be. To achieve this, Operations Managers are creative problem solvers who are able to dream in immense scale, interpret big data, and deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency.
What You'll Do
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers Acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Mentoring, training, and developing teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
- Creating, communicating, and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures to Area Managers and associates
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Operations Managers to balance labor
- Evaluating performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity requirements to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations
- Partnering with other managers to share best practices across shifts and the network
What You'll Need
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime as needed year-round. You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations. You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or related field.
- You have 5 or more years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment. You also have experience motivating and leading a contingent workforce.
- You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You not only have experience in managing 5 or more front-line supervisors, you also lead large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites either domestically or internationally to support the mission.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description