Manager, Retail Operations Planning & Analytics
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Retail Operations Planning & Analytics Manager will initially be responsible for all planning and analytics required to maximize revenue generation at the lowest cost to serve to support the Scan Based Trading (SBT) business model at UMG. Once established for the SBT Channel, this responsibility will be expanded to cover all other retail channels.
The Manager will work closely with the UMG Commercial teams on retail offerings, store level assortment and will leverage the analytical tools and services provided by the UMG VMI Service provider to build store level operations models to optimize all the key performance indicators. Key objectives include: maximize Planogram fil rate and minimize stock outs, maximize same store revenue opportunities, reduce total cost to serve, including replenishment, returns, etc. The Manager will also be responsible for instore merchandising performance working closely with the Merchandising Service provider.
- Successfully provide appropriate on-time in-stock levels for all UMG New Release, Catalog and Promotions starting with VMI/SBT and expand into other accounts like, Wholesale, Traditional Retail and non-traditional accounts, like Direct to Consumer
- Retail operational analytics and planning. This includes plans to ensure the right quantities of the right product in the right stores or clusters of stores on time at the lowest net landed cost.
- Assortment analytics and planning
- Retail Inventory Management and optimization
- Merchandising Management
- Replenishment Planning
- Reduce total delivered cost
- Process/procedure development
- Retail Compliance
- KPI Reporting
Domain Leadership and Judgement
- Proven thought leadership and demonstrated experience in Retail Operations and last mile supply chain
- Interpersonal flexibility and ability to collaborate across levels, teams, with external partners on an international basis
- Balance needs of UMG, customers and vendors while enhancing the financial performance of the Supply Chain
- Drive change and innovation in line with overall UMG SC Strategy
- Global retailer experience and thought leadership
- Proven interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas and methods to improve performance
- Demonstrated abilities to leverage data to build optimized planning models
- Exceptional abilities to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions and provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- 5+ years within fast moving consumer products industry. Experience in themedia / media supply chain industry will be a plus
- 3+ years in a Retail, Retail Operations and Supply Chain environment
- Supply Chain domain knowledge (process& systems) with solid understanding and demonstrated results in all the areas of retail supply chains
- Sales experience with large retail accounts a plus
- BA/BS in Retail, Supply Chain, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
- MBA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.