Manager eCommerce at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager of e-Commerce to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises under their Commerce team who will build and execute e-Commerce campaigns in collaboration with UMe operated and Artist Managed E-Commerce sites. The Manager will be the key point person for all direct to consumer activities, including but not limited to initial go-to-market strategy, product development, marketing, and e-Commerce. He/She must be the organizing force and leader in commercializing direct to consumer campaigns and other integrated artist rights (e.g. ecommerce, experiences, touring). This person is skilled at influencing and collaborating with all label departments (product development, marketing, digital marketing) and artist management, and will be responsible to organize, plan and collaborate in the execution of marketing campaigns for artists not only across release and touring schedules, but also "off cycle" promotions of artist-relevant commercialization opportunities. The role will work in tandem with the various departments and territories.
How you'll CREATE:
- Lead programs, projects and necessary teams to build, launch and measure effective e-commerce and merchandise programs, including but not limited to artist and label e-commerce stores, VIP and ticketing programs, artist communities and apps.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and revenue against targets and optimize programs to ensure goals are met.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Oversee day-to-day operation, delegate tasks, set clear goals /deadlines and monitor team performance
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members' feedback, resolve any issues or conflicts, and recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
Bring your VIBE:
- 5 years successful working experience in e-Commerce or related fields
- Experience in or exposure to the music or entertainment industries
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve needs of label and artists, while maintaining a clear vision of what will drive results in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Display creative product development with financial responsibility
- Pro-active self-starter able to set and accomplish label goals
- Expert project management skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Solid understanding of analytics and data analysis as it pertains to e-Commerce
- Advanced understanding of music/entertainment industry
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) & presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.