Manager, Digital Distribution and Partnerships at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
The Manager, Digital Distribution and Partnerships (full-time, salaried, regular) will be supporting digital distribution and partnership initiatives for subscriber growth of the MotorTrend Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service. Reporting to the Vice President, Digital Distribution and Partnerships the successful candidate will support all phases of identifying partners, research, analysis, negotiations, launching and sustaining all deals. This is a key supporting role, therefore this person should be proactive and a highly skilled communicator, able to quickly understand business needs and focus on research and sustainability output. The individual should have previous meaningful experience working at a SVOD service, digital streaming platform, business development or strategic partnerships at an equivalent entertainment studio.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with the VP to identify, develop, negotiate and close business deals across new SVOD distribution streams through a variety of partnerships, promotions and platforms, including:
- OEMs and Associations
- Organizations, Clubs and Associations that include auto enthusiast members
- Technology Companies
- Automotive Partners
- Critical deal support from inception to pitch deck development to sustain through industry research, deal value analysis, pricing offers, fee structures and more
- Maintain deal tracker database and status reporting on a regular basis
- Design presentations and proposals, provide reporting and forecasting as needed
- Collaborate internally and drive accountability with company stakeholders such as Product, Technology, Operations, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Finance, Content, Editorial, Sales, Events and Legal
- Provide partnership updates to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Analyze the performance of partnership strategies and make data-driven decisions to influence and improve current and future deal terms
- Some travel to pitch partners or build relationships with key organizations
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area required
- MBA or Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience of digital distribution, partnership development, business development or management consulting for a streaming service, digital platform or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong sales, negotiation and partnership management skills
- Experience working with platform partners such as Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research experience in the digital field
- Must have an upfront honest open communication style which considers setting and managing expectations with multiple stakeholders.
- Must bring a can do attitude and a strong bias toward action.
- High intellectual curiosity, exceptional judgment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Self-starter with high level of initiative
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and apply data to improve results
- Team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about apps and the mobile industry, specifically entertainment, automotive or sports
- Strong technical aptitude and quick learning ability
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with an emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel and comfort learning new skills
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.