Lead System Requirements Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.WHY WE NEED YOU
The System Engineering Team at Virgin Hyperloop develops and matures the requirements for our current and future growth.
As our System Requirement Engineer, you’ll be the domain owner for significant systems on our Hyperloop Vehicle System Test Bed. You’ll develop complex modeling and elicitate functional, performance, interface, and RAMS requirements in collaboration with our test team, design team, software team and external vendors.
- Solve difficult, complex system requirement engineering problems, such as:
- Developing low-level functional models and concise functional documentation within a MBSE process
- Identifying functional, performance, interface and non-functional requirements
- Trace low-level requirements to system requirements
- Complete multi-day assignments collaboratively with moderate supervision, such as:
- Developing complete and harmonized requirements specification
- Defining use case, conducting functional allocation, and evaluating requirement verification
- Responsible for making decisions within scope, such as:
- Deriving requirements from your analysis of all relevant input documents (CONOPS, design, drawings, standards, and regulation) collaboratively with responsible design engineer
- Support verification and validation activities, test and safety requirement definition.
- Support functional model and requirement review, verification and validation, test requirements, and safety requirements activities
- Other projects as assigned such as functional model simulation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools, such as SysML/UML/CAPELLA modeling language or other comparable language
- Experience writing logic and control requirements, especially for communication systems or pneumatic/hydraulic systems
- Experience working with safety critical systems (including hardware and software)
- Experience in Simulink/Stateflow
- Proficiency with requirements management tools, such as DOORS NG
- Technical understanding of interface control document, mechanical and electrical engineering drawings,
- Good knowledge in sensing technology, communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, Serial.
- Good knowledge in electrical power distribution system
- Understand comprehensive Systems Engineering process
- Knowledge on fire and life safety systems
- Experience on using EN 50126 or ARP4754 process
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave