IT Support Engineer
Greater LA Area
Are you as passionate about creating solutions as you are about providing an exceptional experience for your team? Whether you’re still in early stages of your career or you’ve been in IT for awhile now, this is a role that maximizes learning in everything related to IT and scaling operations at a hyper-growth tech company, while being an integral part of a team you can be proud of.
About the Position:
As our Associate IT Support Engineer, you will be on the front lines, supporting our users in all aspects of technology in our primarily Mac environment. Specifically you will serve as the first point of contact for team members seeking technical assistance and hardware setup.
Reports to IT Manager; No Direct Reports
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Within 1 month, You'll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Respond to IT tickets in the queue within 2 business hours.
- Track and process incoming inventory within 2 business days.
Within 3 months, You'll..
- Resolve 90% of non-escalated IT tickets within 5 business days.
- Complete IT new hire onboarding tasks prior to new hires start date.
Within 6 months, You'll..
- Have reduced the number of escalated tickets by 50%
- Resolve 90% of non-escalated IT tickets within 2 business days.
- Have gained the experience necessary to take on basic projects.
You Should Apply If:
- You’re service-oriented helper.
- You have previous help desk support in a small to medium business environment.
- You experience supporting a Mac environment.
- You have the ability to move/lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- You can be available in occasional off-hours to respond to IT and Facilities emergencies.
- You can communicate clearly and professionally through email, on the phone, and in-person.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description