IT Manager at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
We are currently looking for an IT Manager to supervise our service desk and to help us grow our IT operations team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in IT, operations, and infrastructure technologies. We are looking for someone who can multitask, splitting their time between troubleshooting issues, completing projects and implementations, administering systems and shaping policy that allows us to scale.
We'd like to see a demonstrated track record of developing positive relationships, collaborating across teams, developing their staff, coordinating multiple timelines, and handling complex, cross-discipline projects.
Our preference is for candidates who are coming from entertainment companies like studios, post-production or visual effects. If you are willing to learn the industry domain and come from a similar field, we'd be happy to speak with you! This role reports to the Director of IT.
- Supervise the IT Team: hiring, training, mentoring, and developing our IT operations team.
- Maintain healthy systems & resolve issues, acting as an escalation point for the Helpdesk team, and stepping in to clear tickets personally to ensure speedy resolution
- Executing complex projects and workloads, setting priorities, and executing long-term projects in the face of short-term fires.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration with internal clients and partners.
- Oversee user lifecycle management from new hire onboarding to deprovisioning.
- Evaluate and implement company IT policies.
- Identify opportunities for process, training, and systems improvements and collaborate with the Director of IT to design and implement solutions.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years' experience managing an IT team
- 7+ years' experience performing IT work, including the execution of technical projects, troubleshooting, and the implementation of new methodologies
- Strong understanding of IT best practices, directory services, SSO, user identity management,, networking and device management.
- Extensive experience administering popular SaaS business apps including Google Workspace, Atlassian, Slack, Okta.
- Strategic thinking skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry, particularly studio, post-production or production environments
- Practical understanding of web-based software architecture/engineering as it relates to the infrastructure and network operations
- Experience leading diverse global teams, budgets, and schedules
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.