Head of Trust & Safety
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
What You'll Do
- Set a multi-year strategy for the Trust & Safety org, building & managing a team ultimately responsible for the execution of that strategy.
- Forge deep connections with Operations and Support teams by partnering closely with Execs & Leads across the company to develop and refine Trust & Safety strategy
- Manage investigations teams and processes to help resolve safety issues and determine appropriate courses of action
- Advocate for Safety needs while being the voice of Safety in cross-functional strategy discussions between Operations, Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- Leverage local insights and global best practices to create Bird’s safety roadmap and guide various teams through its implementation.
- Work with leadership to identify strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and push the thinking to continue innovating
- Establish operational excellence in our decision-making and user-facing communication processes.
- Scope, manage, track and implement large-scale projects. You’ll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Product, Support, Policy, and Communications.
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible.
- Analyze business operations and ensure we are operating at the highest possible scale while also leveraging our in-market resources
- Be rigorous with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA/JD Preferred
- At least 10 years work experience, with at least 3 years in a role overseeing both digital & physical trust & safety
- Experience managing cross-functional teams across multiple countries
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning (strategy) to implementation/speed (execution)
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Experience working with both physical and privacy related issues
- Experience addressing safety-related issues
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description