Head of Logistics and Supply Chain at Appetize
Appetize Technologies, Inc. is looking for a qualified Head of Logistics to join our growing Operations Team. This role is a blend of Demand Planning, Vendor Relations, Sourcing, Order Management, Shipping, Asset Management and Warranty Servicing. Candidate should have significant experience with Logistics at scale along with strong problem solving capabilities and a willingness to embrace challenges as we continue to grow as an organization.
You will play a vital part in evolving our logistics function, including enhancing and owning our Demand Planning function, as well as deepening our relationships with our hardware vendors and 3PL providers, as well as continue to scale our shipping and order management by implementation of new processes and tools. You will work across the organization, interfacing with sales, implementation, customer success and payments teams to ensure we understand hardware needs and are hitting fulfillment timeframes. You will also work closely with Product, Sales and Finance as we develop our next-generation solutions in the Mobile Point-of-Sale space.Responsibilities:
● Manage day to day Logistics and Supply Chain operations, including asset management, warranty replacement/RMA, ordering, assembly and shipping of POS Hardware to fulfill Client orders.
● Own Demand Planning function, collecting hardware needs from our sales teams and translating those into POs from our vendors.
● Manage leasing and warranty programs to continually increase efficiency and minimize costs
● Work closely with Sales, Finance and the Operations team to develop forecasts and ensure accuracy and timely delivery of correct hardware for installation.
● Enhance systems and process for Inventory and asset management, forecasting, and RMA
● Assist management in implementing appropriate technology and processes to improve accuracy and efficiency of asset receipt and distribution over the long term
● Responsible for coordinating with Finance to perform regular inventory audits and manage inventory to company standards.
● Develop new and enhance existing operational models in order to improve efficiency, customer experience, and drive potential savings.
● Act as subject matter expert on hardware products and usage in-market
● 4 year degree (Bachelor Degree) required
● 8+ years of general logistics, demand planning, asset management and supply chain strategy experience
● Experience working with hardware manufacturers to develop new solutions and bring to market
● Strong negotiation and project management skills.
● Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication with both internal and external audiences
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!