Ground System Technical Agent: Systems Director at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA)
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
Aerospace is seeking an innovative, experienced leader to address near-term, complex integration challenges in support of ground system engineering efforts within the Cross-Mission and Technical Agent subdivision.
This Systems Director will be responsible for leading Aerospace efforts to support and advise the Ground Systems Technical Agent (GSTA). Operating within the Space Systems Integration Office (SSIO) in the Space Systems Command (SSC), the GSTA serves as a nexus for the integration of enterprise ground architectures and capabilities. This role will require close collaboration across SSC and mission partner organizations to ensure the delivery of critical space enterprise capabilities. Working side-by-side with government counterparts and other FFRDC personnel, this unique and highly-visible position as Aerospace leadership of a Technical Agent will directly tackle some of the most urgent capability integration challenges facing the USSF.
This position will be on-site located in El Segundo, CA. This position is not eligible for telework.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partnering with the GSTA government branch chief
- Direct a team performing the integration of ground aspects for complex, system of systems
- Work across program, mission, and partner boundaries to champion enterprise perspectives into Aerospace assessments on program roadmaps and systems engineering artifacts
- Provide senior technical guidance, inform technical assessments, and leverage Aerospace ETG resources to augment technical products in support of enterprise ground system integration
- Collaborate closely and effectively with government, Aerospace, other FFRDC and contractor support personnel
- Establish your team's objectives, goals, and focus areas, and prioritize to support
- Report on the organization's activities, progress, and achievements through written and oral reports
- Build and maintain a highly capable and diverse workforce through hiring, staff performance evaluations, career development, and mentoring
What You Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited program in engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or other applicable degree
- Typically 12 or more years of experience in relevant engineering/technical/operational aspects of National Security Space systems
- Track record leading multi-disciplinary systems engineering activities for space systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, foster effective relationships, and be adaptable to management/customer requests
- Willingness to travel domestically approximately 10%
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain additional clearances, which are issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to acquire a security clearance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree from an accredited program in engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or other applicable degree
- Proven experience with the development, integration, and operation of DoD and/or IC ground capabilities
- Knowledge of ongoing mission area activities in and out of SSC
- Work with customers from organizations outside of SSC
- Experience working with coordinated government, FFRDC, and SETA teams
- Solid understanding of the breadth and depth of Aerospace ETG technical capabilities and resources
- History of hiring and managing a dynamic, technical team
- Current SAP/SAR accesses
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.