Global Logistics Traffic Coordinator at iHerb
Logistics Traffic Coordinator (LTC) will manage all logistics and supply chain activities. This position is responsible for coordinating daily transportation services for domestics and international shipments. This person will operate in a rapidly expanding, high energy and fast pace environment.
- Serve as the link between Global Logistics and internal business units.
- Schedule and monitor transportation-related activities including pickups and deliveries on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct, on time, undamaged, low cost shipping requirements are met for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Prepare BOL and necessary and shipping documentation to guide shipping functions, validating system information, tracking and tracking shipment status, as well as maintain Company Routing Guide. (FTL/LTL/FCL/LCL)
- Maintain adequate driver coverage when required for weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Manage international air freight and ocean freight movements.
- Develop and maintain reliable carriers for timely performance.
- Knowledgeable of freight forwarding, domestics and international shipping regulations.
- Troubleshoot problems with pickup and delivery for corrective action.
- Prepare accurate shipping reports for upper management on a daily basis.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance Global Logistics practices and implements consistent processes across the organization.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Logistics Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Detail oriented: attention to accuracy in this role is vital.
- Must have a very strong sense of responsibility for completing tasks and achieving goals.
- Ability to apply knowledge of quality; resolve practical operational problems and deal with a variety of situations in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, work as a team player, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Power Point, WMS etc.
Generally requires a minimum of 1+ or more years of experience in logistics industry. Understanding of business processes and operational workflows. Understanding of logistics related terminology. Bilingual is a plus (non-Spanish)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.