General Manager- Category Leader
Greater LA Area
OnPoint recently acquired a valuable portfolio of domain names to catapult it into new vertical markets including Travel. Domain names include cities, states, and countries such as Atlanta.com, Portland.com, Capetown.com, Telaviv.com, Cuba.com, BuenosAires.com, South Carolina.com, and so many more.
OnPoint Global aims to apply our unique business model to the Travel sector, an area of our business that is a key growth area for OnPoint. We are looking for an executive with deep experience leading the end-to-end strategy, implementation, and P&L for a large and fast growing business. The ideal leader will be a self-starter with experience in the travel sector, a passion for customers, have a high level of flexibility and commitment, and a strong drive to excel. S/he will have the business judgment and analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and the willingness to roll up his or her sleeves.
Leading a high performing team, s/he will be responsible for setting the vision and leading a large team from strategy through the execution of that vision to help drive growth, profitability and continuing category leadership strength.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Support growth and profitability initiatives for the Travel businesses across all levers from User Acquisition, to Direct Marketing initiatives, and Monetization
· Create a best-in-class shopping experience that builds lasting trust with customers and brands
· Inspire a motivated and talented team to deliver on its objectives by spreading best practices and helping to address any constraints to growth
· Use detailed analytics and technical capabilities to build audiences, optimize product features and enhance the customer experience in these this high-growth vertical (Travel).
· Continue to build an outstanding, world-class team driven by teamwork and able to swiftly operate in the highly demanding environment of OnPoint Global.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE:
· Proven general manager with a successful, resourceful and hands-on track record of running a complex business end-to-end combined with strong P&L experience.
· Deep analytical capabilities, potentially (although not necessarily) gained from a background in managing a Travel business.
· Technology affinity and track record of employing systems to drive simplification and change.
· Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and local brands to obtain preferable terms and win:win solutions
· Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
· Commercially astute, with strong focus and accountability
· Excellent business judgment, with a track record of generating ideas and solving problems independently
· Is a superb negotiator, at ease sitting down with top level executives with vendors and manufacturers
· Is highly analytical and structured
· Exhibits excellent business judgment
· Hires great people, develops great people
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of their team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Is action and results oriented
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Bachelors minimum; MBA or further Direct Marketing or analytical education will be advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision plans, long-term disability and life insurance, 401k plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid vacation and personal time off.
Casual and fun office environment
Culture that promotes professional growth and development
Team-oriented work space
WHAT WE DO:
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need it.
While the multibillion dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, their three-core product sets stay focused on 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
If you are a team player and innovative thinker, if you like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment, this is the right place for you!
Read Full Job Description