Field Service Technician
Who we are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available in Home Depot stores across the country, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo even more available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
- Individuals Make an Impact
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on User Experience
- Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. We are searching for a full-time Field Service Technician to assure that our customers receive the best installation experience possible in their homes. This position will be mostly in the field in the greater Los Angeles area and will have a strong focus on customer support.
You will report directly to the Head of Support Operations.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot Flo by Moen system in users’ homes in order to get their system up and running
- Assist plumbers with installation process
- Inspect homes for plumbing defects (i.e., issues alerted by Flo by Moen system)
- Assist users in device pairing, Wifi connection, Flo by Moen app installation, and related tasks
- Provide general product assistance and support in-home and via phone (at Flo call center)
- Participate in product and RMA testing at Flo headquarters
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- High school graduate
- Strong interest in technology and smarthomes
- Strong interest in handy work (construction, mechanical, plumbing, etc.)
- Some technical/trade experience preferred
- Some customer support experience preferred
- Plumbing experience preferred but not necessary
- Vehicle required for mobility
- Positive attitude with a customer support orientation
- Great communication skills
- Reliable self-starter capable of working independently
What you will get
Competitive market compensation, a new Macbook, unlimited vacation, medical, dental, vision, a team that’s fun to be around.